Here is a list of sayings and quotes to put on your quilt label to show the recipient how much care and creativity was lavished on this special, one-of-a-kind gift.
All-Purpose Quotes and Sayings
- When you sleep under this quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love
- From my hands… to your heart
- The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above/ Is under a quilt, handmade with love
- May this quilt warm your body and comfort your soul
- Memories stitched with love
- When you use this quilt, remember me
- I wish you health/I wish you wealth/ I wish you gold in store / I wish you Heaven after death/ What could I wish you more?
- I count the stitches line by line/ And watch the thread record the time
- Love and memories we impart/ To quilt the fabric of the heart
- May you be free from cares and woes/ When under this quilt you seek repose
- “Whatever things are true, just, pure, lovely/If there be any praise/ Think on these things.” Philippians 4:8
- Quilting… cheaper than therapy.
Quotes and Sayings about Friends
- A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped around the heart
- A good friend, like an old quilt, is a treasure and a comfort
- Good friends, like quilts, never lose their warmth
- Our friendship (or our family) is a patchwork of love
- Our friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness
- Friends are the flowers in the garden of life
- Friendship, like a well-made quilt, stands the test of time
- Our friendship is a tapestry/ Woven through the years/ With threads of joy and laughter/ Happiness and tears
- Many faces, many smiles/ Remember me across the miles
- It takes a long time to grow old friends.
- (On a Christmas place mat, table runner, or mug rug): On Christmas day at half past three, brew yourself a cup of tea. I’ll think of you, you think of me, as we sit beside our Christmas Tree
- “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” Proverbs 27:9
Husband or Wife / Anniversary Sayings
- Love is the thread that binds us together
- Like our (my) love, this quilt was made to last
- Together is our favorite place to be. Thanks to blog reader Mary A.
- May this union be blessed with love and happiness
- Joined together in friendship, united forever in love!
- New love in bloom now fills your life/ As you become husband and wife
- Love, honor, and cherish
- There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved
- “Love is patient and kind/ Love is not jealous or conceited or proud/ Love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable/ Love does not keep a record of wrongs/ Love is not happy with evil, but rejoices in the truth/ Love never fails.” 1 Corinthians 13
- “Take spring when it comes, and rejoice. / Take happiness when it comes, and rejoice. / Take love when it comes, and rejoice.” Carl Ewald
- “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” David Viscott
- “Love does not consist in gazing at each other,/ but in looking outward together in the same direction.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “Love is, above all, the gift of oneself.” Jean Anouilh
- “To love someone deeply gives you strength./ Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.” Lao Tzu
- “Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.” Roy Goodman
- “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” Martin Luther
- “Two such as you with such a master speed/ cannot be parted nor be swept away from one another once you are agreed/ that life is only life forevermore/ together wing to wing and oar to oar.” Robert Frost
- “To keep your marriage brimming/ with love in the wedding cup/ Whenever you’re wrong admit it./ Whenever you’re right – shut up.” Ogden Nash
- “May all your days be wine and roses/ And the only thing to come/ Between your kisses/ Is your noses”
Baby Gift Quotes
- Sent from above/ Our sweet bundle of love
- A package of joy, a bundle of bliss/ This quilt for baby was sealed with a kiss
- Blessed are the children, for they shall inherit the quilts
- First we had each other/ Then we had you / Now we have everything.
- Five little angels around your bed/ One to the foot and one to the head./ One to sing and one to pray,/ And one to take your troubles away.
- Read me a story/ Tuck me in tight/ Say a sweet prayer/ And kiss me goodnight.
- Snips and snails/And puppy dog tails/ That’s what little boys are made of.
- Small wonders/ Bring special joys
- Ten little fingers/ Ten little toes/ The sweetest of smiles/ And a cute little nose/ All these add up/ To a wonderful thing–/ A baby–/ The greatest gift/ Life can bring.
- With a butterfly kiss/And a ladybug hug…/Sleep tight little one/Like a bug in a rug.
Quotes for Illness or Difficulties
- “Be strong and of good courage.” Joshua 1:9
- “In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was inside me an invincible summer.” Albert Camus
- “Promise me you’ll always remember/ You’re braver than you believe/ And stronger than you seem/ And smarter than you think.” Christopher Robin, to Pooh. A.A. Milne
Memorial Quotes for Loved Ones Who Have Died
Source: Lorenzo Jenson III, 100 Heart-Wrenching & Powerful Quotes About Losing A Loved One
- “The song is ended, but the melody lingers on…” Irving Berlin
“Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.” Terri Guillemets
“If tears could build a stairway/ And memories a lane/ I’d walk right up to Heaven/ And bring you home again.” Unknown
“When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.” Anonymous
“Death—the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening.” Walter Scott
- “Don’t cry because it’s over/ Smile because it happened.” Dr. Seuss
“My feet will want to walk to where you are sleeping/but I shall go on living.” Pablo Neruda
- “May this quilt wrap you with never-ending love/ just as [your loved one] embraced you in [her/his] loving arms.”
Using Poetry for Quilt Labels
If your quilt is large enough, you can print an entire poem on a printable fabric sheet and use the poem as the label. The quilt label shown below quotes the famous World War I poem “In Flanders Fields” in memory of a beloved father who died. Some of Shakespeare’s sonnets are short enough to make beautiful quilt labels. You can find a wealth of beautiful poetry, much of it out of copyright, on the Poetry Foundation website.